Child Care Food Program Home Monitor
Flexible part-time position with established nonprofit located in Roanoke. Child and Adult Care Food Program Home Monitors work with in-home child care providers to ensure nutritional meals are served. Home Monitors provide training and guidance to in-home child care providers, as well as recruit providers for the program. Knowledge of child care and/or nutrition preferred. HS diploma or GED required. Day travel in SW VA required and is reimbursed. Position requires reliable transportation and attention to detail. 20-30 hours/week. $10.00/hour. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maternal, Infant, Early Childhood Home Visiting Central Intake Coordinator
The Council of Community Services, a nonprofit planning organization serving communities throughout Southwest Virginia. Established in 1960, the Council is the only organization in Southwest Virginia that primarily focuses on planning for health and human services as well as linking people with community resources. We are currently seeking a Central Intake Coordinator for the Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Services in the Roanoke Valley. This full-time position will perform professional and administrative work in the day-to-day operations of the home visiting services referral program.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Facilitate growth and effectiveness of home visiting program central intake
• Serve as main contact for referral process
• Communicate with referral sources, parents, and service providers
• Administer behavioral health assessment to parents
• Maintain database of referrals, documentation, and services provided
• Ensure referrals are addressed in a timely manner
• Refer persons not eligible to other community resources
• Stay current with community resources and services
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• Skills in working with people from diverse backgrounds, interests, personalities
• Ability to communication effectively, both in writing and orally
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, community agencies and organizations, and the general public
•Time management skills
• Computer and word-processing experience
• Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field
• Previous experience working with at-risk families
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.