How Can You Support the Council on Roanoke Valley Gives Day?
Roanoke Valley Gives
03.15.17 | 12:00 AM – 11:59 PM
For 24 hours, beginning, March 15th at 12:00 a.m., YOU can support the work of the Council of Community Services.
OR go to rvgives.givebig.org and search for the Council of Community Services
Social media accounts:
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/ccsroanoke
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/ccsroanoke
Follow us on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/council-of-community-services
What is Roanoke Valley Gives? Roanoke Valley Gives is an initiative of Foundation for Roanoke Valley. It is a day of community giving! One of the primary goals is to empower those who love the community to easily support their favorite causes or charitable organizations.
What is the goal of Roanoke Valley Gives? Foundation of Roanoke Valley’s goal is to generate $500,000 for participating Roanoke Valley nonprofit organizations in a 24-hour period. Last year RVG raised $366,541 for 125 local nonprofits.
Let’s talk CCS Goals!
- Our goal is to raise $3,500
- 100 unique donors
- 100% board support
How Can I Help?
- Mark March 15, 2017 on your calendar!
- Place a Roanoke Valley Gives badge in your email signature.
- Like and follow CCS on our social media accounts.
- Change your profile picture to a Roanoke Valley Gives badge.
- Help Build Buzz! See our post?
- Click like
- Better yet, comment.
- Even better, click the share button!
- The best, share this link on your page and challenge your friends to participate!
- Example: Today, thousands of people are joining together for a community-wide day of charity. I’m donating to the Council of Community Services and I hope you do, too!
- And of course, GIVE!
How Can I Give?
Beginning at 12:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 15th, visit Roanoke Valley Gives.
Step 1: Search for the Council of Community Services.
Step 2: Click the “Donate Now” button.
Step 3: Enter your credit card information to complete your donation of $10 or more. There is no maximum donation amount.
The Roanoke Valley Gives Day ends at 11:59 p.m. on March 15th.
Please make a gift during this 24-hour period OR you can schedule your donation in advance. You can visit the site today and schedule your gift to be processed on March 15th. *Gifts must either be given on March 15th or scheduled to be processed on March 15th to count towards the Roanoke Valley Gives total.
How Do I Become A Fundraiser?
- Go to the Council’s Roanoke Valley Gives webpage
- Locate and click the red “Become a Fundraiser” button
- Enter in your name and email, then click submit.
- You will receive a confirmation code from “GiveBig Responder” to the email you entered.
- Click the link in Step 1.
- Create a profile name and password, and click submit.
- Personalizing your profile
- You will be redirected to your site upon creating your profile.
- Locate the “setting” button above the blue and green banner.
- Use the button to customize items on your profile like:
- Add a profile picture
- Set a fundraising goal
- Tell others why you’re giving – Don’t forget to save your settings!
Access Your Fundraiser Profile.
Login: Go to the Roanoke Valley Gives website
Click on the white circle in the upper right corner to go to the login screen.
Click on Fundraiser Sign In and enter your email and password
Now Tell Your Friends!
To share your fundraising page with others you can either use your unique link or you can post your social network message using the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ icons on your fundraising page.
Not to worry! If you’re feeling overwhelmed or need one-on-one assistance, the CCS Roanoke Valley Gives Team is here to help! Contact Alison, Amanda, or Linda with questions.
Alison Jorgensen (540) 985-0131, ext. 502 firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Holcomb (540) 985-0131, ext. 503 email@example.com
Linda Arrington (540) 985-0131, ext. 704 firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for supporting the Council’s mission! Your willingness to advocate, fund raise, and donate enables us to continue the important work we do to improve the quality of life for those in our community. Be on the lookout for social media posts, newsletters, and emails regarding Roanoke Valley Gives Day!
Add this post to your social media pages to show your support!